Sunday, January 31, 2010

Crazy Over Crazy Horse

Like I said, I am beginning to get my mojo back in regards to my Crazy Horse Quilt rug. Taking a class with Kris Miller has made all the difference. Kris has a great eye for color and guided me in some of my color choices, as well as giving me the confidence to continue. Of course, with this rug, as in all my rugs, I still seem to be hooking everything two or three times. Hook it once--don't like it--take it out and try something else. And then, sometimes I take it out again and go back to my orignal wool. This is why it takes me forever to finish a rug! Well, that and that pesky little full time job that really cuts into my day.

Anyway, I thought you might like to see a closeup of the hearts in the rug. They are all different and were really fun to hook. In this one I tried beading for the first time. I won't say it was fun, but it certainly wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.


Some pretty little stripes:
And last but not least, some subtle color changes:

Right now, I'm working on the last of the four leaves and one last flower. And then I'll be ready to move onto the background!

No comments:

Post a Comment