Tuesday, August 4, 2009

10 Minutes a Day

April at Red Jack Rugs put out a challenge for rug hookers to spend at least 10 minutes a day on some aspect of rug hooking. Since the demise of my Bliss cutter, I wasn't able to get very much hooking done. I did begin to add in the other colors to my leaf. I'm not sure about the vein, as the wool, which is a very dark teal, comes off as a greenish-black next to the other wools. But I am going to live with it for a while and see how I feel after I get more of the rug done.
I did, however, decide to bite the bullet and whip the edges of an unfinished rug since hooking wasn't an option right at this moment. So off I went shopping at our local yarn store (shopping for supplies counts as a rug hooking option, right? Because, to tell the truth, I am an average rug hooker, but I seriously rock at shopping!) where I bought this:
Yarn to finish the edges. (By the way, the pretty little finch next to my purchase was carved by my husband.)
I love this challenge because it gives me that little push to do small, manageable bits every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment